You’ve heard about weight loss with acupuncture and have wondered where to find a nationally-certified acupuncturist near Gaithersburg MD. If that’s you, then you’ll be happy to learn that just up the road a piece in Rockville is the Healthpointe Acupuncture Clinic and Lisa Marie Price, M.Ac., L.Ac., Dipl.Ac.
Weight Loss with Acupuncture near Gaithersburg MD
Trained in traditional and other acupuncture techniques, as well as Japanese-style Oriental and Shiatsu medicine, Lisa Marie also understands Chinese herbology, dietary therapy and Qi Gong. With her 20 years in practice and extensive training, she is able to combine the benefits of acupuncture with other alternative therapies to help you lose weight on your pathway to optimal health.
How Does Weight Loss With Acupuncture Work?
Traditional Chinese Medicine teaches that when the spleen and liver systems are out of balance the body naturally gains excessive weight. The acupuncturist will target those areas of the body known to control weight loss. These systems include:
- Kidneys and endocrine system – acupuncture in these areas treat edema, or water retention, and rebalance the nerves and hormones.
- Spleen and thyroid – acupuncture on this spots also rebalance hormones, but also effect sugar.
- Adrenal and ovaries – this treats those areas responsible for weight gain from PMS or menopause.
Another acupuncture method for treating overweight and effecting weight loss involves the ears, and there are two types of ear acupuncture: the one needle and the five needles methods.
- One needle – a single needle is placed in a point in the ear linked to appetite; called the “hunger point”.
- Five needles – needles are place in five separate places in the ear. One place is the Shen Men, the other spots are those linked to hunger, the stomach, endocrine system, and the spleen.
Treatment Goes Beyond the Needles
When you come to the Healthpointe Acupuncture Clinic you will find more than needles to help you reach your goal of weight loss. Because Lisa Marie Price, M.Ac., L.Ac., Dipl.Ac. is also trained in Shiatsu massage, she may include this gentle method of massage in your treatment plan.
For weight loss, Shiatsu helps your body process food better, both in the digestive process and in the elimination process. It also will increase your energy levels and help your body metabolize fat better.
In addition to acupuncture and Shiatsu massage, Lisa Marie can guide you in making those dietary changes necessary to accomplish your weight loss goals. So before you grab that next donut or step on the scales, call and set up and appointment to give weight loss with acupuncture a try.