What are the five acupuncture benefits near Germantown MD? First, and this one doesn’t count as part of the six, is that only a few miles away in Rockville, you will find an acupuncturist that believes in service and individual care.
In the Healthpointe Acupuncture Clinic, Lisa Marie Price, M.Ac., L.Ac., Dipl.Ac., a national board certified acupuncturist (NCCAOM), is trained in traditional acupuncture, Shiatsu and Japanese-style Oriental medicine, dietary therapy, Chinese herbology, Qi Gong and other acupuncture techniques. When you visit the Healthpointe Acupuncture Clinic you will quickly learn about the five acupuncture benefits.
Five Acupuncture Benefits
If you are looking into acupuncture, chances are that, like most people who seek out an acupuncturist for the first time, you are dealing with chronic pain. In fact, your physician may have recommended acupuncture if he keeps up with research reported in the May issue of the Archives of Internal Medicine.
- Relief of Chronic Back Pain – According to the Archives of Internal Medicine article, even “simulated acupuncture”, more correctly known as “acupressure” where pressure was applied to specific acupuncture points, although no needles were used, provided a 15% improvement over medications and standard chiropractic care in participants symptoms.
- Relieved Digestive Issues in Pregnant Women – Study out of Brazil found that when pregnant women were given medication and acupuncture 75% of the subject noticed a marked decline in heartburn pain necessitating antacid use. The control group of women treated with dietary changes and medication only 44% noticed a similar lessening of indigestion and heartburn.
- Effective Treatment and Preventative of Headaches – Numerous studies have shown that acupuncture is an effective treatment for alleviating and preventing tension and migraine headaches.
- Helped Some of the Side Effects of Cancer Radiation Treatment – While acupuncture didn’t get rid of all the side effects, it did help improve how the patients felt.
- Acupuncture Shows Promise in Decreasing Body Weight – Studies show that combining regular acupuncture treatments with diet and exercise could prove helpful.
These are just a few of the many acupuncture benefits you might expect to experience. If you have an issue and you’re not sure if acupuncture would help, why not call and make an appointment for a consultation with Lisa Marie. You might be surprised, and pleasantly, at the relief you get from an acupuncture treatment.
Just remember, the benefits of acupuncture near Germantown MD are just up the road in Rockville.
Return from Five Acupuncture Benefits to Acupuncture Information